Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dear Friends,

No doubt you’ll be relieved to know that trial of Baha’is in Iran is postponed.

Whilst this is a great relief please lets not stop praying for these pure souls or stop the campaign to release them and other Baha'is. 40 in Total.


The Blessed Beauty of Abhá: Bahá’u’lláh – may my life be sacrificed for His followers - instructed the believers to detach themselves from all else and recite this prayer 9 times, for the release of the friends from prisons and their freedom the fangs of the enemies.

He is, in truth, the Omnipotent, the Unrestrained!

O Lord of all Names and Fashioner of the Heavens! Release [Thy] friends from the prison of enemies. Verily, Thou art the Sovereign Ordainer of Thine decrees, He who shineth, resplendent, from the Horizon of Creation.

O Thou, Everlasting Root! By the life of Bahá *, deprive them not of hope, nay rather aid and assist them. Verily, Thou rulest as Thou pleasest and within Thy grasp lie the Kingdom of Creation. The fangs of Thine enemies have been whetted, ready to bite into the flesh of Thy friends. Protect these companions, O Thou Who rulest over all Humankind and art the Judge on the Day of Judgment!

Bahá’u’lláh



Elder's Meditation of the Day - July 11
"Do not grieve. Misfortunes will happen to the wisest and best of men. Death will come, always out of season. It is the command of the Great Spirit, and all nations and people must obey. What is past and what cannot be prevented should not be grieved for..."
--Big Elk, OMAHA Chief
Our earth continues to grow by cycles and seasons: The cycles of growth - spring, summer, fall, winter. The cycles of the human being - baby, youth, adult, elder. It is through these cycles that we will experience the changes. I will not always necessarily agree with these changes, but I need to trust the Grandfathers are in charge. Things will come and things will go. Really, I own nothing, the Creator owns all. Too often I label things as mine. I say this belongs to me, but it really belongs to the Creator. He gives me things to take care of. I need to do the best I can with what I have, with what I know at the time. And when the Creator changes things, I need to let go for His planning is the best.

Oh Great Spirit, today let me do the best I can with what I know, with what I have. Let me experience acceptance of Your will.


No comments: